To comply with OJK Regulation No. 56 /POJK.04/2015 concerning Establishment and Guidelines for the Internal Audit Charter, the Company set up the Internal Audit Unit. The Internal Audit Unit forms part of the Company's internal control system for effectiveness and efficiency in the operations of the Company, reliable financial reporting, information on the Company's operations and regulatory compliance. The Internal Audit Unit of the Company is responsible to the President Director.
In performing internal oversight, the Company’s Internal Audit Unit has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement the Work Programme of the Internal Audit Unit.
- Test and evaluate the performance of internal control and the risk management system in line with Company policy.
- Examine and assess efficiency and effectiveness in finance, accounting, operations, human resources, information technology and other areas of activity.
- Provide recommendations for improvement and objective information for audited activities at all levels of management.
- Prepare reports of audit findings and deliver these reports to the President Director and Board of Commissioners.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the performance of corrective actions as recommended.
- Work with the Audit Committee.
- Developed a program for quality assessment of internal audit activities.
- Conduct special examinations if necessary.
The Company’s Internal Audit Unit was established under the Company Internal Audit Charter on December 28, 2009.
The qualifications for internal audit are as follows:
- Integrity and professional, independent, honest, and objective conduct in performance of duties.
- Knowledge and experience in the technical operations of audit and other disciplines relevant to the scope of duties.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the capital market and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written forms.
- Under obligation to comply with the professional standards established by the Internal Auditors Association.
- Under obligation to comply with the code of ethics for Internal Auditors.
- Under obligation to uphold the confidentiality of corporate data and/or information pertaining to the performance of the duties and responsibilities of internal audit, unless under an obligation established by law or in a court ruling or order.
- Understanding of the principles of good corporate governance and risk management.
- Loyalty to the Company and not involved in activities that infringe and/or breach applicable laws.
- Willingness to pursue acquisition of additional knowledge, expertise and professional skills on a continuous basis.